Monday, April 14, 2014

Gnocchi Chicken Alfredo Bake

While browsing Pinterest this week, I stumbled upon a recipe for a Loaded Chicken Alfredo Gnocchi Bake, on InsideBruCrewLife.com.  I absolutely love gnocchi & seeing as how I was going to be entertaining family later in the week, I thought I would save the recipe to make it later.

Have you ever had gnocchi?  Gnocchi are Italian dumplings made with potato and flour.  They are cooked and served like pasta with a sauce of your choice.  And they are the perfect addition to this tasty bake.

Constructing this casserole is easy if you have all of the ingredients on hand.  Here is what you will need:

3 cups gnocchi
2 cups frozen broccoli
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
1 - 15 ounce jar Alfredo sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

My husband grilled up chicken breasts & then cut them into cubes.  I sliced up some leftover bacon from breakfast and added it to the dish along with leftover broccoli from dinner the night before. 

*(I did not use frozen broccoli because my steamed broccoli was a little al dente when we first ate it so it was perfect for the bake.)* 


I boiled the water for the gnocchi & added them to the pot.  They sink initially but you can tell they are fully cooked when they rise to the surface.  Mine took about 10 minutes.

I then combined all the items with the Alfredo sauce and poured it into my casserole dish.  The final step is to sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese on top & place it in the oven.  It cooks at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes.  Then turn the oven to broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown.  Keep your eye on it though because it browns pretty quickly.
Once it's finished cooking, it's ready to serve!  I also made some homemade garlic bread & an easy Italian salad with shredded mozzarella cheese, sliced olives, tomatoes & Italian dressing.

It was delicious!  And my guests had second helpings!  I will definitely be filing away this recipe.  Thanks InsideBruCrewLife for this delicious recipe!









No comments:

Post a Comment